May 07, 2011

Bill Murray Painting Manipulation WIP


Tonight I'm posting a work in progress of Bill Murray. I have chosen a painting to use this caricature in and will post it next time. This was a mild caricature as Bill was already showing off one of his signature expressions. Tonight I'm showing the process I go through when using a manipulated caricature on a piece of art. They're always a lot of fun. I'm just showing some very basic steps I go through to prepare an image to be used in a painting. There is still more work to be done to this image after it's applied to the painting. Further texture refining and applying a crackle effect I've been experimenting with which are often seen on the old Masters' paintings. Everything I'm showing you here is my own experimental process. I have so much to learn. I do things different every time I sit at my computer. One day I'm going to figure this stuff out.

Original source image:



I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!