April 18, 2012

Joe Lieberman - Serving It Up

I decided to go with something simple for the completed Joe Lieberman caricature. I was thinking about doing a complex two person situational manipulation but I decided I need to just stick with some basic images so I can get the practice in on exaggeration when I'm not doing commissioned work. So this was just a practice piece and what was most important to me is the exaggeration and detail in the face. The really crazy stuff will come after I get more confident with caricatures. You'll notice that there is quite a bit more detail that the source image. There was a lot of high resolution dodging, burning and painting in the end stages. The final piece was 12 inches tall at 300 DPI. The original source image is below.












Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!