October 28, 2012

Another Caricature Study of Bill Murray

This is yet another caricature study of Bill Murray. I have done several of him but his features and expressions never get old. On this one, I started with a horrible source image as you can see below so it was a challenge getting the textures right. There was also a lot more digital painting in this one than most because the detail just was not there. It was great practice and as always a good learning experience.

Just a note to let you know what else is going on with my work. I just finished the most complex image I have done to date. I spent almost 3 weeks on it and it will be used as a full page magazine illustration just in time for the elections. I can't give anymore details right now but I will post the image as soon as it's published. The only bad thing about it is that it was commissioned by an individual who is very one sided politically, so it may be a bit controversial. :) Note: This is not my opinion. It's my job. I will also be starting another movie project soon for CatchPhrase Entertainment. Looking forward to that one.

I also wanted to let everyone know why my posts have been a bit sparse for the past few months. I have been spending a lot of time on Google+ lately. There are a few reasons for this. Google+ is providing the majority of my commissions over the last year for one. I was fortunate enough to have been selected for the Suggested User's List a few months back and it has really payed off. I now have approximately 850,000 followers after one year and I am gaining about 6,000 followers per day which will put me over 1 million next month. If you're not there, it's very easy and quick to make a profile. Here's mine: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RodneyPike/posts.















Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!